Golden Fine Arts Festival, now in its 29th year, invites FOOD VENDORS to apply! A Golden icon for nearly three decades, Golden Fine Arts Festival is a prestigious juried art show located in the heart of historic downtown Golden, Colorado. This premier event draws over 30,000 visitors over 2 days to enjoy art, live entertainment, beer and wine gardens, food vendors, and children’s activities. Produced by the Golden Chamber of Commerce, the Golden Fine Arts Festival is a favorite of those who value an attentive and welcoming ‘home hospitality’ of Golden, Colorado for artists and patrons alike. The event is promoted through advertising outlets (television, newsprint, radio), digital and social media, event calendars, community outlets and more.
The Golden Fine Arts Festival is located in Golden, Colorado, just 20 minutes west of Metro Denver. The event takes place on three street blocks, bordering a nostalgic residential area and the Golden History Museum & Park.
· There are two food court areas within the event, one at each end of the three street blocks that the event takes place on. · Each Vendor will be assigned a 10’ x 10’ space on asphalt. There may or may not be storage space behind your booth. If you require more space, you will need to pay for an additional space.
· Booth assignments will be pre-assigned. You will not be able to select your booth space. Food vendors will be assigned space according to required space and electrical needs, and food type.
· Vendors will be allowed to drive to their booth location during set-up (to unload) and tear down (to pick up equipment) only. Vehicles are not allowed as part of your booth, unless you are a food truck operator.
· Food trucks will be allowed at the discretion of event director.
· Food vendors must provide their own display tables, chairs, booths, canopies, serving equipment, etc. If using a tent, you must provide adequate weights or method to secure the tent in case of high winds. If you need to rent a tent, table and chairs, contact GFAF Event Director at 303-973-1209.
· Electricity is available for some booth spaces, but there will be an additional fee. No personal generators allowed.
· We encourage Food Vendors to create a visually pleasing booth area, with a sturdy canopy (no plastic tarps), good signage and trash receptacle. Come prepared! Colorado weather can change quickly. Come prepared to enjoy the sunshine, but throw in rain covers and tie downs just in case an unexpected storm rolls through!
· Prior participation in previous years event does not guarantee this year’s acceptance.
· Event strives to limit like-type food categories.
· Food Vendors will be emailed booth set-up and parking information approximately TWO weeks prior to the event.
· Food Vendor check-in and set-up is Saturday, August 17 from 6AM – 9AM. All vehicles must be removed from the event area by 9:30AM each morning. Load-in times may be staggered to alleviate bottlenecks and access issues.
· Although the event ends at 5PM on Sunday, no vehicles will be allowed on the street until at least 5:30pm due to festival attendee safety concerns.
2019 Booth & Electrical Fees
· Booth fee is $575 for a 10’ x 10’ space on asphalt. There are no discounts for additional spaces.
· Electricity fee is $100.
· Fees will be invoiced upon acceptance. Do not pay now. Fees must be paid by June 1, 2019.
Important Food Vendor Information
· Food trucks are allowed.
· All food vendors need to provide all necessary items to prepare their food and serve it. This includes chafing dishes, cooking utensils, coolers, etc. The festival does not have cooking or storage facilities available. You must also provide disposable plates, napkins and eating utensils. Due to City of Golden regulations, no Styrofoam products allowed.
· You MUST bring your own trash receptacles and liner bags. No grey water or grease barrels provided. Provide your own.
· Bring your own ice for your food storage, etc. If you need additional ice during the event, you will need to go to the local grocery store to purchase for your use. Access in/out of event to do so will be very limited.
· Food Vendor Public Health License - All food vendors MUST be licensed via the Jefferson County Public Health Department. It is the food vendor’s responsibility to comply with required food permits and licensing and to be up to speed on any changes to temporary food permitting guidelines. Download Form 3610 at https://www.jeffco.us/DocumentCenter/View/16026/Form-3610---Temporary-Food-Events-Vendors-PDF. Jefferson County Public Health officials may be on-site and inspecting your food vending operations. It is imperative that you have all the proper permits and be prepared for their inspections!
· City of Golden Sales Tax – NEW! – Event organizers are now responsible for collecting the 3% city sales tax from all vendors and remitting it to the City of Golden. Vendors no longer need a temporary vendor license, as the event organizer now is the only one that needs to be licensed.
· Insurance - Food vendors need to provide a current certificate of insurance with liability limits of $1mm per claim and $2mm for all claims. The Golden Fine Arts Festival, Golden Chamber of Commerce and Current Events LLC must be listed as Additional Insured. If you do not have insurance or have insurance related questions, contact us.
· Food vendors may only sell non-alcoholic beverages such as soda, juice and water. No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be sold by food vendors.
Application Deadline * Acceptance * Cancellation Policy
· Acceptance notifications will be made by email. Food vending opportunities are limited, so get your application in early.
· Upon acceptance, fees will be invoiced and must be paid by June 1, 2019.
· Fees are non-refundable. The event will take place rain or shine. Application deadline is Monday, July 15.
· Direct further inquiries to Lora Knowlton, Event Director at 303-973-1209 or CoCoug@aol.com.
· Visit www.goldenfineartsfestival.org for general event information.
By submitting the form below you hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Golden Chamber of Commerce, Current Events LLC, their successors, agents, and assigns, harmless against all claims, losses, expenses, liabilities and damages, arising out of my participation in the Golden Fine Arts Festival and to abide by all rules set forth herein. The Golden Chamber of Commerce and Current Events LLC assume no responsibility for the safety of your equipment, booth, body or agents resulting from any cause including my negligence or the negligence of others.